Thread: MRA to visit ROAD AMERICA July 4th! Join us for a hell of a trip!'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    So, since I don't qualify for Nik's cargo trip, I'll be driving out to RA for this even with a friend of mine. This year will be my 5th at Road America and I can't imagine missing this race. You can get tons of tracktime at VERY fast track that has killer good facilities.

Anyway, just a couple points. ASRA uses Westhold timing units, so don't worry about charging your Ambit. You can rent them from ASRA for the weekend, but bring velcro & duct tape, and if you have a small bike, stronger springs to hold those oversized chunks up (j/k). Here's where you can find more -- http://www.ccsracing.us/timingandscoring.html

If you're into music and drinking, SummerFest goes on that same weekend in Milwaulkee (http://www.summerfest.com/). They usually have great music there and they often have country, too.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer View Post
    So, since I don't qualify for Nik's cargo trip, I'll be driving out to RA for this even with a friend of mine. This year will be my 5th at Road America and I can't imagine missing this race. You can get tons of tracktime at VERY fast track that has killer good facilities.

Anyway, just a couple points. ASRA uses Westhold timing units, so don't worry about charging your Ambit. You can rent them from ASRA for the weekend, but bring velcro & duct tape, and if you have a small bike, stronger springs to hold those oversized chunks up (j/k). Here's where you can find more -- http://www.ccsracing.us/timingandscoring.html

If you're into music and drinking, SummerFest goes on that same weekend in Milwaulkee (http://www.summerfest.com/). They usually have great music there and they often have country, too.
    Jim,

Why don't you qualify? There aren't qualifications dude! If I wrote something that comes off like that sorry, I need to delete it. Either way it will be fun to see you out there! Looking forward to it. Maybe you'll be able to show us the ropes a bit!

Thanks for the heads up on the festival

You still in for Topeka?
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou View Post
    Why don't you qualify? There aren't qualifications dude!
    I'm just giving you crap - you asked for trustworthy MRA members ..
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    You still in for Topeka?
    I think so. There are lots of life changes for me in the next few months, but I really want to make this one as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Why the hell this event falls every year on the time that I take my kids all the way cross country to summer camp for a month

Jon, it's always on July 4th weekend. I'm sure there are summer camps in Wisconsin!

Senior Member Expert
    I'm just giving you crap - you asked for trustworthy MRA members ..

I think so. There are lots of life changes for me in the next few months, but I really want to make this one as well.

Jon, it's always on July 4th weekend. I'm sure there are summer camps in Wisconsin!
    Coolio, seems like I'll be seeing a lot of you this year ;-)
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou View Post
    Coolio, seems like I'll be seeing a lot of you this year
    I sure hope it's in the pits and not just when you're lapping me. Oh, and I have a tentative appointment with your mother-in-law & her boss toward the end of this year.
    Last edited by Jim 'smooth' Brewer; February 18th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

Senior Member Expert
    I sure hope it's in the pits and not just when you're lapping me. Oh, and I have a tentative appointment with your mother-in-law & her boss toward the end of this year.
    Ha absolutely not the case! Took me a second, but at first I thought you were cracking a joke about an "appointment" with her How is the chicken wing feeling?
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)