Thread: 2015 Rulebook Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur
    Eliminate Heavyweight Supersport and Heavyweight Superbike from the schedule.

Rationale: Come on, HWSS = MWSS Part 2, HWSB = MWSB Part 2. Our schedule is too long and does not have enough contingent time should we need it.
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Mohammer Time! Expert
    GSXR750, Panigale 899, MV Agusta F3, MV Brutale, possibly the new H2, plus some other bikes coming down the pipeline are pure HW bikes. Every club in the US has HW classes. The grids are large, manufactures and vendors pay great contingency, and every other club n the country has HW classes to support these reasons.

If you want to get rid of a class that is 100% redundant............get rid of thunderbike. Hell we could get rid of one our two production cup races we have every weekend (these are EXACTLY the same.)

I like our schedule, but looking to get rid of some great classes, with great races, so we can save maybe 15 minutes a day is a bad idea IMO. We could get rid of F40, cause it is just a repeat of.........or get rid of...........cause it is kinda like.........

We could always just start the day 15 or 30 minutes earlier.
    Last edited by TRK; September 29th, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by TRK View Post
    GSXR750, Panigale 899, MV Agusta F3, MV Brutale, possibly the new H2, plus some other bikes coming down the pipeline are pure HW bikes. Every club in the US has HW classes. The grids are large, manufactures and vendors pay great contingency, and every other club n the country has HW classes to support these reasons.

If you want to get rid of a class that is 100% redundant............get rid of thunderbike. Hell we could get rid of one our two production cup races we have every weekend (these are EXACTLY the same.)

I like our schedule, but looking to get rid of some great classes, with great races, so we can save maybe 15 minutes a day is a bad idea IMO. We could get rid of F40, cause it is just a repeat of.........or get rid of...........cause it is kinda like.........

We could always just start the day 15 or 30 minutes earlier.
    We had a great time watching you and Pete battle all year but look at the grids or results and compare HW to MW. They are the same race. We should cater to the majority of OUR racers, not the random out of town guy with an MV Augusta. Panigale 899, MV Agusta F3, MV Brutale are all thunderbikes. No one has a GSXR750 (except maybe someone cheating)

I never understood why we had production cup both days either...

I'm open to other ideas too, I just don't want to be out there running superstreet in the dark or packing airfence in the dark. We need to do something.
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

WolFeYeZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmagnuss View Post

Rationale: Come on, HWSS = MWSS Part 2, HWSB = MWSB Part 2. Our schedule is too long and does not have enough contingent time should we need it.
    I think you have a good point, but this would completely shaft the couple of heavyweight bikes out there. Maybe eliminate HWSS and keep HWSB since they are almost completely redundant.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmagnuss View Post
    Personally I don't think we need to eliminate any SUNDAY classes, since Sunday does not run long. (HW Superbike = OK)

However Saturday often runs long, and I would support cutting HW Supersport from the Sat schedule in an effort to get Saturday back under control. Even though I run HWSS....

Worst case I would support cutting both classes because I agree the heavyweight class is mostly dead. But Shannon pointed out, we're getting bikes on these grids.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech