Thread: Maxima Cool Aide Acceptable @ HPR ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Expert
    I guessed wrong, seems most of these products are glycol based, this one is not. I have not heard of this product but i only use water in my race bikes anyway.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    I guessed wrong, seems most of these products are glycol based, this one is not. I have not heard of this product but i only use water in my race bikes anyway.
    I know there are a lot of glycol based additives, and I'm sure people ask about them all the time. Since this one was specifically asked about (and isn't glycol), I'm curious if there is something else that leads to it not being approved.

Edit: I have no plans of using this, just idle curiosity now.
    Last edited by blaircsf; March 3rd, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
    MRA #760

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Honestly, I really don't understand why. I can't find a sound technical reason why not. As this product is "approved for racing on paved surfaces". It utilizes a "glycol blend", just like the other manufactures use. None use pure ethylene-glycol, or they would have the antifreeze capability. It boils down to is it slippery/pain to clean or not, and it's not anymore slippery or painful to clean than the competitors. Lots of racing orgs authorize it. I'm not going to fight City Hall though either.

The problem I have, is accordingly to my dealer my warranty is null and void for any cooling system component if I use Water Wetter (supposedly worst corrosion protection and lubrication available), but Maxima Cool Aide is covered by my dealer. Royal Purple Ice and Motul Mo cool are allowable too. Motul seems to be on par with Water Wetter, from a corrosion inhibitor standpoint. Royal Purple looks promising though. I am going to see if my dealer will warranty it. It appears to advertise similar corrosion inhibitor and lubrication performance to Cool Aide.

WolFeYeZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbag79 View Post
    It utilizes a "glycol blend", just like the other manufactures use.
    So it does have Glycol then? I'm confused...