Thread: Suggestion for the 2018 Rulebook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducdreamin View Post
    While it seems like common sense, I think it should be stipulated that if you intentionally touch another rider or their bike, you will be ejected for the weekend. Zero exceptions.
    To me this is sufficiently covered by Section 10, item C, which gives MRA officials complete authority to penalize dangerous riding at their discretion without qualification or limitation. This plenary power is more than sufficient to address any circumstance. Writing rules that require mandatory ejection take power away from MRA officials to consider all the facts and circumstances of a case, which I disagree with. Personally, I have heard zero complaints about this actually being an issue in any case, so another rule seems unnecessary since we have such a powerful rule as is.
    MRA No. 51

Thanks 2016 Sol Performance / Pirelli * GF&R Tax * Damage Control * Suomy * AGV Sport * RYNOPower * Smith Optics * SIDI * AXO * Shorai * Virus * Motorex * Slick * * GoPro * Honey Stinger

Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducdreamin View Post
    ... I think it should be stipulated that if you intentionally touch another rider or their bike, you will be ejected for the weekend. Zero exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by shRED View Post
    To me this is sufficiently covered by Section 10, item C, which gives MRA officials complete authority to penalize dangerous riding at their discretion without qualification or limitation. This plenary power is more than sufficient to address any circumstance. Writing rules that require mandatory ejection take power away from MRA officials to consider all the facts and circumstances of a case, which I disagree with. Personally, I have heard zero complaints about this actually being an issue in any case, so another rule seems unnecessary since we have such a powerful rule as is.
    I agree with Jason. We used to have rules in the rulebook that were very specific on penalties with no allowance for the judgment of officials. Those created so many problems that we changed & added sections to enable discretion. For this one in particular, I think it would be almost impossible to determine intent. Like shRedman mentions, there are methods to complain about rough riding and I know for sure that the board has taken action toward riders who exhibit bad track behavior.

Besides, as they say, "rubbin's racin'" ( for the humor impared)

And I know I've touched Tony Baker intentionally (and usually inappropriately).

Member Amateur
    This plenary power
    .....and I learned something today.....

Junior Member Novice
    I actually complained to Jim Wilson about this at HPR as my bike was turned off on the cool down lap leaving me in a dangerous situation. Nothing was done.

Senior Member Amateur

Tomfoolery

Quote Originally Posted by bjackson View Post
    I actually complained to Jim Wilson about this at HPR as my bike was turned off on the cool down lap leaving me in a dangerous situation. Nothing was done.
    1. It is illegal, it is dangerous riding. 2. "Nothing was done" or you did not directly see what was done? Those can be very different things.

Or you could just pin your on/off switch and be done with it.
    MRA No. 51

Thanks 2016 Sol Performance / Pirelli * GF&R Tax * Damage Control * Suomy * AGV Sport * RYNOPower * Smith Optics * SIDI * AXO * Shorai * Virus * Motorex * Slick * * GoPro * Honey Stinger