Thread: 2015 Rulebook Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by nobasin View Post
    Novice classes are only allowed one red flag/restart. If NOVO or NOVU red flags a second time, race is over and scored according to position when race ended.

Rational: A perfect example is round 5 where for the first time all year practice and races started ONTIME until multiple red flags in NOVU put everything back over an hour with the restarts. So the corner workers have to stay a extra hour and not get paid anymore, or those of us who race endurance (some of us race both back to back) get our races reduced to 20 minutes which sort of defeats the purpose of an 'endurance' race, even it if is only 30 minutes. Endurance basically becomes a sprint race then.

I'd rather NOT penalize the novices OR the corner workers by moving the race to the end of the day if multiple red flags get thrown, nor am i suggesting changing the schedule and putting NOVO at the end of the day, but rather simply score the race where it ended with the second red flag. I also think this will incentivize novices to ride a bit more carefully and thoughtfully if they know that their race will end and not run if there are multiple red flags. This year seemed to actually be pretty clean with the nov classes up until round 5, so it hasn't been an issue as much this year, but it seemed like last year, every freakin' NOVO race had multiple red flags and I think that gets frustrating to everybody...the novice racers, corner workers, endurance racers, track marshall, brownie etc. It also pushes all the afternoon races so much later in the day that it almost always becomes a race against the rain and for the most part, most racers would rather race in dry conditions than wet I'm guessing.

Mike-

I don't agree with this. I am a longtime novice and have 1 crash in 5 years of racing. To penalize me or anyone that does not cause the red flag does not seem fair. Maybe we can keep track of who causes the red flags and discipline them.
    I would not be happy to pay all this money and if I am in the 2nd wave and the 1st wave causes a red flag in the 1st turn and I haven't even started then another red flag on restart in the 1st lap ends the race. I wouldn't be back anytime soon if that happens.
    If this rule passes, it should be for any class, not just novices.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_tiller View Post
    I don't agree with this. I am a longtime novice and have 1 crash in 5 years of racing. To penalize me or anyone that does not cause the red flag does not seem fair. Maybe we can keep track of who causes the red flags and discipline them.
    I would not be happy to pay all this money and if I am in the 2nd wave and the 1st wave causes a red flag in the 1st turn and I haven't even started then another red flag on restart in the 1st lap ends the race. I wouldn't be back anytime soon if that happens.
    Scott, I agree that it's not fair to punish the other racers in the class, the ones that didn't cause the red(s). As the original poster pointed out, though, it's likewise unfair to punish the entire remainder of the program and the workers, etc, by making the program run long.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_tiller View Post
    If this rule passes, it should be for any class, not just novices.
    Absolutely.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.