Thread: Suggestion for the 2018 Rulebook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    Nobody runs up front in prod cup without spending a ton of money in parts and mods. We should just make it supersport 300 to align with FIM.
    I run a $1300 1992 Suzuki GS500 with almost NO mods, and I am competitive. Won the 500 Prod championship 2 years ago on it. No changes to Production are needed or warranted.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins View Post
    I run a $1300 1992 Suzuki GS500 with almost NO mods, and I am competitive. Won the 500 Prod championship 2 years ago on it. No changes to Production are needed or warranted.
    Maybe you're competitive in a straight line, I hear that's your specialty these days :P

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins View Post
    I have less than $3K invested in my 2008 ex500 and won 500 Prod last year and am leading it this year. Don't need a lot of money to run up front. I agree with Tony. Most suggestions for allowable mods are for safety concerns, not performance.