Quote Originally Posted by jbeldock View Post
I propose that all middleweight class cc limits be adjusted to allow for Triumph's new Triple cylinder displacement of 765cc. This popular new displacement is just a continuation of the 675 engine and is being adopted into middleweight classes worldwide.

Existing class definitions to be modified:
2.15.C. Middleweight Supersport • Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke.
3.3.C. Middleweight Superbike • Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder.
4.2.B. Middleweight Endurance • Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, three or more valves per cylinder.
4.2.G. Formula 40 GTU, Race of the Rockies GTU • Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, four or more valves per cylinder.
3.3.E. Novice GTU, Amateur GTU, Modern Vintage GTU • Up to 750cc three cylinder, four stroke, four or more valves per cylinder.
Trying to sell some new bikes? (This is a joke, not a jab... couldn't help but notice your signature)

While I'm not opposed to this change, I think it's worth some thought. The targeted model with this change is the older Triumph 675, which is nearly 100cc below the new 765cc. If this is allowed, I think it would be fair to allow a similar change for twins up to 900cc to allow folks to bring the Ducati 899 to the party as well, which is only 50cc over its predecessor, the 848, not 90cc as with the Triumph. In the hands of a competent tuner, I think that either the 765 or the 899 could be made untouchable by the Japanese 600's on the straights by a fair margin. Furthermore, it would legalize the Triumph Moto2 replica bike which, on paper, seems like someone with enough money could bring as a ringer. This could have negative financial implications on what it would take to be competitive in this class in a sport that's already a complete drain on the wallet. My $.02.