Thread: Rule Change DISCUSSION Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Let's focus this thread on F40 and do the Heavyweight discussion over here ..
    http://forums.mra-racing.org/showthr...ll=1#post80690

Quote Originally Posted by nobasin View Post
    I don't want to see this change for F40 and it has been discussed at length in previous years.
    F40 was originally conceived as an amateur class. It was changed sometime around 2013 and I think it's time to review that decision since I really think it's just the Saturday version of RoR (minus Sean & Otis).

If you race ROR and you want to race F40, so be it, let 'em race. I believe most of the other clubs nationally do not restrict who can enter their F40 classes, you just have to be old, that's it.
    True. AFM has an F50 class.
    It only makes the class faster and more competitive and makes everybody work harder for a podium, which to me is the whole point of racing. I've never liked the idea of 'dumbing' down a class just to slow it down so more people have an opportunity for a trophy. If F40 feels too fast for a racer, there are plenty of other classes to enter where the level of competition will not have ROR racers in it. Leave it as is.
    Ok, faster doesn't mean more competitive. I think you know that.

I see things differently than us "dumbing down" classes. We have novice classes, small bike classes, vintage classes, and supermoto. Those aren't to dumb things down, but to enable a broader variety of race abilities and bikes to be competitive in the club.

As far as plenty of other classes, other than AmGTU what other middleweight or heavyweight classes are not dominated by RoR guys?
    Last edited by Jim Brewer; October 3rd, 2019 at 08:23 PM.