Thread: 2021 Rule Change Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur Ducdreamin's Avatar
    2021 Rulebook Suggestions

1) I think if races are cancelled, they should be treated like the 4-hour endurance for the regular endurance points. If you signed up and are present, you should get points over those who didn't even register and attend the event.

2) I think that middleweight and heavyweight are redundant classes. I have the only heavyweight bike in the club lol. Eliminate the heavyweight classes - supersport, superbike and endurance. It saves race time, required sponsors and time at the banquet. Contingency for a few is not an excuse for the club to maintain duplicate classes.

3) Revert Formula 40 to 2 classes instead of 4

4) 10 minute break between all 3 endurance races (2 breaks)

5) Eliminate LOR, supermoto and have production cup run on EITHER Saturday OR Sunday, not both

6) No qualifying for production cup - run it as a normal sprint race

7) Serious infractions that may result in a letter of reprimand or expulsion should be prefaced with a meeting of the rider representatives. The meeting will explain the issue and the resulting consequences in a face-to-face setting. This can be done at the track or at a location convenient to the rider representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducdreamin View Post
    3) Revert Formula 40 to 2 classes instead of 4
    + 1... it was starting to get pretty confusing out there, IMO.
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!