View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of the Bylaw changes round 2?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approve

17 39.53%
  • Disapprove

26 60.47%

Thread: MRA bylaws changes round 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WolFeYeZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer View Post

Additionally, I would want to look at what other race clubs do for board replacement (hint: I know what the AFM does and it is almost a combination of these)
    I have taken a step back the last couple of days from what has turned into an argument in order to allow the board to do their thing, but I wanted to share a quick snippet from what seems to be our sister club over in Utah. This was sent out via email on 4/2/2020, with the special election ending about 2 weeks later on 4/18/2020. Jim, any chance you have data on the quickest appointment to a board position? Most I have seen have been 4-6 weeks, but as I am just a member I am not privy to all the goings on in the MRA. Overall I am personally excited to see some dialogue on these issues, though I wish it could be done without personal attacks. Enjoy folks

Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    Jim, any chance you have data on the quickest appointment to a board position?
    It varies depending on the position, the available candidates, and whether it's in the middle of race season or not. Probably the quickest I can remember is 3 days with the replacement of the treasurer in July 2015. Chris Papajohn - a former treasurer - was appointed when our previous treasurer resigned.

4-6 weeks without a treasurer in July would be pretty horrible. It'd be hard to tell the cornerworkers, ambulance crew, & RoR racers that we'll pay them as soon as we get through the election & onboarding process.