Thread: 2016 Rulebook Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Expert
    I would like to suggest the addition of a supermoto class.

Simple plateform to build rules from:

All motorcycles must a) be produced as dirt bikes and modified with 17" wheels b) purpose built from the factory as a "supermoto".

Max engine size 701cc single 600cc twin

unlimited modifications allowed (outside of engine size requirements listed above)

*my thought is there are a number of us that already own supermoto bikes that we use to train with in off season and it may draw additional riders for other clubs
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Amateur
    This is not a rule change suggestion, but a procedure change. I talked to Jim Wilson and he said to post it here.

I would like to see LOR put back in front of MVGTU. I believe it was changed to the current setup do to the fact that there where not many girls racing and some of the MVGTU class guys were complaining about haviing to pass the girls so quickly. The ladies class has grown quite a bit and they are now having to pass the some of the guys quickly.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by jplracing View Post
    I would like to suggest the addition of a supermoto class.

Simple plateform to build rules from:

All motorcycles must a) be produced as dirt bikes and modified with 17" wheels b) purpose built from the factory as a "supermoto".

Max engine size 701cc single 600cc twin

unlimited modifications allowed (outside of engine size requirements listed above)

*my thought is there are a number of us that already own supermoto bikes that we use to train with in off season and it may draw additional riders for other clubs
    I'm all for the sumo class!!! Many of us own them already, they're relatively easy to maintain, they're a nice cross/transition between the production bikes and middleweight bikes and they can be run (somewhat) competitively in other classes - LWGP and Colorado Class come to mind.

FO$