Thread: July 18-19 HPR Race Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you didn't feel safe, but I think it was totally wise to leave because of that. There will be other races in the future, but you only have one wife and one child on the way!

What is typical on Saturday morning is that people are with their crew & families in the paddock getting ready to practice. What I'm guessing you saw there was probably similar to what you'd see at an USFS campsite, RV campground, or golf course parking lot where families & crew who arrived together or are staying together aren't distancing or wearing masks around each other outdoors.

During that Saturday morning registration rush period, the MRA office staff inside of the building were wearing masks as were most of the racers coming in to register, but I'm guessing you didn't go in there, though. You probably left before we had the virtual riders' meeting (done over the PA system, not in the pavilion) where we reminded everyone about sanitizing, social distancing guidelines, and to wear masks while indoor of the public places.

In addition to yourself, I personally know of a couple other racers who have immuno-compromised family members and they basically are blowing off the race season as to not take the chance of bringing home something other than a trophy. I know it's a tough balance to make - between keeping your loved ones safe versus living your life. But be assured that the MRA will be around for racing next year when hopefully there'll be either a falloff of this COVID crap or a vaccine.

Thanks again for your post.
    Last edited by Jim Brewer; July 20th, 2020 at 02:06 PM.