Rule Change:

1. No fork extenders in Supersport. The rules are vague but say something to the tune of aftermarket caps are allowed strictly for the purpose of adjusting components, not for altering geometry past stock limitations. No different than the shock linkage I got shot down for last year.

2.2.2-D-b: Fork springs may be replaced with optional or after-market springs. Fork caps may be modified or replaced to allow external adjustment of fork springs only

Proposed: Fork springs may be replaced with optional or after-market springs. Fork caps
may be modified or replaced to allow external adjustment of fork springs only, and must be of OEM height. Extended fork caps are not allowed.

Procedural Changes:

1. Practice - As Wyeth suggested, break up practice into groups based on speed. There have been multiple incidents this year due to the current practice format, plus we have enough sessions that I can take naps between each of my practices. I have raced with several other clubs that do A,B,C,D or Slow/Med/Fast based on lap times and it seems to work much better. I personally like 3 groups since it allows more track time for each group, and could potentially cut the length of our days down so we're not cutting down race length to beat the rain every weekend. however since the 250/300's are in a class of their own perhaps we break it up as follows (using HPR as an example):

Production 250, 300, 400, etc - 15 min
middleweight and open bikes > 2:00 - 15 min
Middleweight and Open bikes > 1:53 and < 2:00 - 15 min
Middleweight and Open bikes < 1:53 - 15 min

2. 3rd call - our 3rd calls tend to be sporadic and leave people either sitting on the grid for 5 minutes or having to start from pre-grid because they wanted to keep some heat in their tires. Reason being the call is made at the checkered and that guy that was about to get lapped still has to make 2 more laps before exiting the track. How can we make this consistent? Make 3rd call when the last place guy (that hasn't been lapped) crosses the checkered, and enforce that the riders are released 1 minute after 3rd call (May need to add 30 sec depending on track). 1 minute is plenty of time to pull warmers and get to pre-grid, and we'll have consistency that everybody can count on.

3. Blue Flags in ROR - I've brought the blue flag up before and got some heat that this was a bad idea because many riders aren't experienced enough to safely get out of the way. Fair enough, but in ROR every rider should be experienced enough to see where the lap traffic is and try to stay out of the way. I've seen some close calls, and a couple bad accidents, due to lap traffic in a heated ROR race.

4. Double header race weekends - I know this has been discussed before. I've thought about this one a lot, and at first I didn't like the idea, but after racing with clubs like Chuckwalla I really liked this format. Essentially this turns a 7 round season into 14 rounds, making scoring a lot more reasonable and crashing out or having a mechanical isn't a season killer. It also gives the guys who race superbikes the opportunity to race Sat and Sun rather than sitting around waiting all day saturday because we've structured our schedule to be supersport dominant Saturday and Superbike dominant Sunday. Sure, we'd have to cut down on some of our classes; but let's be honest, we have more classes than CU's undergrad program. Many of which are duplicative, or don't even have enough riders to create a 3rd row (if you want suggestions just ask).

5. Red Flags - Round 7 was actually really good, but for most of the season it seemed like the red flags were revealing themselves easier than a hooker on Colfax. I realize this is going to be a sensitive subject but it's frustrating when we have to restart a race multiple times, start cutting laps off all other races, and keep the beers in the coolers until 7PM, when most of the red flags were minor accidents. I know this is a call the corner workers have to make and if somebody is seriously injured we don't want to delay sending the ambulance out. But I can think of several red flags this season that were typical low sides, off the track, and rider was up quickly and ok... Just something to consider.