Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 3 Online Entry is CLOSED!

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x
    I can not even log in to the link. wont take my login or password.
    any ideas mr Uglydog?

I just tried it and it's working.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    thanks for sending the info, it took 3 trys before it worked.....my computer was the issue. Thank you for the help and all the hard work you do Jim.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loujr
    Quick question....paid for round 3, however I didn't get the conformation email just checking to see if this is a result of the site being down or did I make a mistake???
    RaceWurx doesn't send a confirmation e-mail... Yet. But it will in the very near future. IF PayPal has your correct e-mail you should get a confirm from them showing the payment went thru.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Is there any chance of extending the online deadline for pre-entry in the future? Due to the site being down I didn't log on until today only to see its too late for pre-entry for Pueblo. I know there is a lot more behind the scenes but closing online entry 5 days before an MRA event seems a little premature? :?:
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Senior Member Expert
    Dave,
    The MRA has shut down pre-entry a week before the races since, well, like forever.As a matter a fact they actually extended pre-entry this time by several days.
    You shouldn't procrastinate next time, just get er done especially when there's a much space dedicated to the difficulties we're having with the website and etc.
    See you in sunny Pueblo

Senior Member Amateur
    Very trued Jon, my Columbian Devil distracts me :evil:

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

At Monday's Board Meeting we agreed to changing the Online Entry Deadline to the Monday the week of... instead of the Friday prior. So we "are extending" the entry timeline permanently moving forward.

I'll give you a two minute edumacation on why we close online entry when we do. You'll see that our timing on this is anything BUT arbitrary...

In the past, when the economy was horrible and we were at risk of cancelling rounds from week to week - we closed the Friday prior so that we had adequate time to notify the members, vendors, track, insurance, etc...

Now that the economy is better and we're not presently at risk of having to cancel events, we've moved it to Monday. Even so, five days actually "isn't" premature...

Once online entry closes, Jen and Rachael have to go thru and verify every single entry for every single class, and verify proper payment for each as well. If there is a discrepancy in payment amount they have to contact the member to sort it out. If there is NO payment, just an entry - then the entry must be deleted.

From there the PreEntry Tech Report is generated, and this is what Hot Carl uses to get you guys thru tech "WITHOUT" having to check in at the office any more (new for this weekend!)...

Then Jen creates the preliminary grids for all of the classes with all of the entries, based either on points or time of entry...

This all has to be completed by Wednesday night, because on Thursday RaceWurx gets "taken down from cyberspace" and moved to a local hard drive so that we can run the event from it. None of the venue's we race at have reliable enough/fast enough internet - so that's why we run it from a local copy.

So essentially Jen and Rachael have only a few hours (because they both work full time jobs) on Tuesday Night and Wednesday Night to do all of the above, "make the event happen", and pull the system down to a local copy.

And friends, that is why we close online entry when we do.

Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks for the clarification Tony. Closing entry on Monday is nice as if anyone has to "OK" anything with the boss (AKA job or hot blooded Columbian money grabber) they can still pre-enter.

See you guys on Saturday. Or perhaps Friday since princess needs her sleep.

I've found that the more info we can give the members the better.

That way you're at least informed... if not in agreement. :wink:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12