I'm not sure why one would move to CO just to evaluate tracks but then again, I think ours (Pueblo Motorsports Park) is safer than yours (New Hamshire International Speedway). After racing at both through the years. Granted, I only raced one event at NHIS in 93, but didn't much care for it. I do have many friends though in the club and Street and Comp's a great sponsor!
If you'd like to go a maybe less expensive approach and see a lap of Pueblo, Goto www.pueblomotorsportspark.com There's a lap around it with Jason Pridmore using an on bike camera. I gotta say though if the weather aspect's playing into your decision to move here, the weather's certainly a bit more agreeable. Not as much snow at the lower elevations and not nearly the humidity. You will miss real lakes though as Pueblo and several other Reservoir's are nice, it's not Lake Winnaposoki (SP?) The ski areas are much less crowded though and there's real snow. Many friends who have moved here from there are very competitive and continue to do well in competition.
On the M/C racing front, Kiwi Aaron Clarke former LRRS fastguy is a fastguy here as well, Our buddy David Padolsky ChickenHawk warmers are readily available, and you'll find the MRA to be much much smaller club than the LRRS. BTW, How many members does the LRRS presently have anyhow? There were many in 93, the grid for a lightweight class looked like the whole club lined up!
We by the way, are more than likely going to be racing at a new facility in 08 as we get closer to funding and opening www. Highplanesraceway.com We also race at Motorsports Park Hastings, a new very nice track in Hastings NE. Goto www.MPH.com for imformation on that track.
Well, hope this helps, we do have variety and fast racers in the club. After racing all over the country for several of my 17 years of racing, I believe the MRA's one of the best clubs in the country. We always love having new racers and CO's a great place to live. I would check out more than just the tracks before moving here though....sorry for the sarcasim I can never resist! Give my best to Bob Robbins, Street and Comp, and all our friends from the Northeast!
All the best,