Completely understandable, but now I can't resist bringing this up. Especially when looking at it from a late round club finances issue it really seems to make since to:

Make Rd 6 @ HPR a combined MRA/UTSBA round (managed by & full proceeds going to MRA). With the extra income from racers coming in from Utah for this round it should offest the possible late season drop in Co racer attendance. It could also entice some of the Co racers who may have skipped the round to actually come out in order to race it up having some different competion in town.

Make Rd 7 @ MMP Full Track a combined MRA/UTSBA (managed by & full proceeds going to UTSBA). Since the round would be held by UTSBA there would be no negative financial impact to the MRA especially if there is currently a decent chance of losing money at the final round(s). This would of course also help the UTSBA by bringing in racers for the Full Track configuration which is the most expensive configuration to run.

Based on the talk and expected turnout for the upcoming full track round it appears that there is decent interest by the racers to race there. I think if it were an official MRA round and people had longer to plan on the round, the turn out would be much higher. The extra travel cost isn't so much when going in groups. I know with Kory (and Oscar?) doing tires at both places there would be additional trailer space available to transport some bikes. Also, I kind of anticipate "racer broke" coming into play a little. Often it seems racers are too broke when it comes to do the same old they've done a few times or when they're buying consumables like tires etc.., but then all of a sudden you through a little different, more interesting or exciting option at them and all of a sudden they come up with some funds :-)

Anyway, I know this type of co-op has been considered in the past, but I guess I just felt like stirring things up(maybe reading too many of Aaron's posts). With the club looking to remedy year end funding issues it could be a good time to give it another look.