and thank you Scott for offering me your bike! your a great guy, even if you choose to host all of your track days at times when I can't make it
S

Agreed though with wad it - pay for it
Loan it - expect it to come back wadded up , great if it doesnt but if it does than deal with it.
and although I did pay to use pridmores bike for the second day after crashing mine, I wasnt an a hole and rode it gently not the same pace as my own. as i knew the result of that type of riding ops:

Quote Originally Posted by rybo
Chris,

I speak with great experience on this subject.

In 2006 I borrowed a friends R6 after my motor decided to go on lunch break at Miller. I highsided the borrowed bike to the moon, and re-entry was rather unkind to it.

I did everything I could to settle that debt as quickly as possible. I abandoned the bulk of my own race effort that year in order to assure that the other person, who was kind enough to loan me the bike in the first place, could pursue their own. In the end I ended up buying the wrecked bike from them at what we both decided was "fair market value" prior to the crash.

In my mind it was the only right thing to do.

In my own program I've adopted the philosophy that when I loan my bike to someone else, I accept that I may be ending my own season if they fall down. Any number of circumstances could lead to this, including that the rider may be terribly injured and has their financial resources committed to hospital bills and recovery. As such, I'm very particular about who I allow to ride my motorcycle and am prepared to accept that my own effort and finances are "at risk" while it's happening.

s