being a 2:15ish (generous) guy myself on the Thruxton/Aprilia125 I understand the concerns. it will be interesting to see outcome of this discussion.

i think it is fabulous that we have so much interest in the 250s. this will surely be exciting to watch/race, and will be great for spectatorship. I AM A FAN. In the end it will continue to draw more 250 and other newer/younger/slower/small displacement riders to the club as did the superstreet classes.

if the aim is to get NEW riders to club, then I think this is a waste of time to have "special" concessions continually being requested by our expert racers who now want more "massaging" in existing classes/clubs.

If the aim is simply to make a biga$$ (ninja-only spec) class, then we should think about creating special (and exclusive) arrangements to support these requests, as long as the current slower/smaller displacement riders and their bikes are not excluded or taken away from.

How many Ninjas 250's have COMMITTED TO RACE THIS YEAR (have bike and plan in progress already)?

I will also be willing to bet that while the lap time will continue to get faster throughout the season, that hammer/Schram will surely be among the fastest examples- with the other end of the speed spectrum potentially 15+ sec slower.

So let's say 15 mini moto racers and their bikes show up and request to create a new race for them as they have done for us (250 guys) in their club? Wouldn't this upset the masses?

Make a spec class if we have enough demand, and don't limit 250s to existing races. It sounds like the only interest is for special timing anyway- other than pushback from everyone else. If a 250 guy wants to run 4-hour race with his buddies, it can be arranged in many ways unofficially. Maybe add a saturday endurance race to PPIR which is far better suited for those bikes.