Quote Originally Posted by Jon
Sounds like you've been around a while? I love the old MRA stories from Orlando, Zickerik and Storman Norman but remember best seeing some good old racing back in the day close to my home in GA. Road Atlanta actually with some old fellows name Spencer, Lawson, Rainey and even Roberts before then some Nixon fellow and Aldana used to go pretty good. You'd probably know that old Pig farmer Dale Singleton? Please share some of those old RD stories as I have a really sweet 400 sitting in my shop that I've restored with a Daytona head, Spec 2 pipes and other vintage pieces. I'd love to go race it but have never been sure enough that my clutch hand was fast enough to catch it B4 it threw me on my head. Please share as I love the history of how it was back in the day when men were men and motorcycles smoked.
Just call me old fat and slow. Did most of my racing in the mid atlantic region. Loved racing in the WERA 8 and 12 hour endurance races. Even did a 24hr at Nelson Ledges.
My first race bike was an R5, spent a year trying to make it as close to a TR3 as I could. Then I gave up on that project and got a TA125.had a blast on that little bike. for a year before adding the rd350 to the team. And then doing everything I could to keep up with Ed Bargy on his 400 Kaw.

The TA125's were a blast to race, We had a lot of close good racing in that class.. except in 75 when some little snot nosed kid named Freddie showed up at Summit Point WV and lapped the entire field in a 12 lap race.
We used the run and bump dead engine starts back then and he was gridded last so that his daddy could hold up the bike and help him start it. (if I remember it right) most of the time i was 1st or 2nd row and didn't pay much attention on who was behind me.

Did a couple of years with MRA in the 80's Castle Rock, Aspen, Pueblo, and La Junta.

I plan on attending the MRA Banquet next month, and running in the Ninja cup races this coming year.