Quote Originally Posted by Jon
As the Suzuki TLR was originally produced from 1998 until 2003 but never updated except for bold new graphics. I would imagine that it's modern vintage legal as well as my frankinbike Shepherd rendition. I will wait and see what's decided with this new Thunderbike class and I hope I still have something fitting come 2011.
It's sad for those of us who have raced these less common bikes to see them be out shadowed by modern technology and have to park em while faster bikes come out but that's goes with the territory of racing.
Hell, at this point even the 1198's have pretty much unless beaten with a money stick, been deemed obsolete and that's sent Ducati back to the drawing board for a new bore/stroke configuration if they wish to return to the competitive edge they have enjoyed in WSB. For the lowly club racer, he's left wondering what to do with his overpriced, under performing Italian artwork. At least at the end of the day, I know my Shepherd 1000 can be immortalized on a shelf within the Barber Motorsports Museum. I've just got to find someone to come up with the match for the Glaefke Racing Blue so that I can powdercoat the frame and make it proper for display.
She's not a trophy Jon, she is a race bike. RACE HER!!