Quote Originally Posted by snowblaze506
No one has "demanded" anything. Discussion was started about having a class structure similar to Utah's, (TwinsU, TwinsO, and Supertwins) with a WERA twist of allowing triples in with "middle weight' twins (above 650cc to 1000cc). Some have gotten caught up in the semantics of class description, middle weight vs. a "middle" displacement class (ie MRA Heavy Weight).
Good point and you're right, "demand" was too strong. The point I wanted to make is that consideration of old bikes for this class confuses the issue. It seems the main reason might to make sure we don't inadvertently allow one that has a huge advantage. (999R .. BTW, Pat's is one sweet bike)
Quote Originally Posted by snowblaze506
Build one, Jim. Race it in TwinsU, as its only a 550cc. You and Jon can get a couple more guys and have your own class, Formula Boutique.
:-) .. You know, for all the talk of expensive racing, the biggest cost of my Duc has been how much I bought it for (I got a rippin' deal, though). As far as operation goes (tires, fuel, oil, brakes, clutch, suspension freshening) it costs about the same as any other bigger bike, with 1/2 the number of rods, valves, injectors, and pistons.

Just don't break or crash it. :shock: