Bart you are correct, this should be a heavyweight class, with the rules written for heavyweight displacement. but excluding any bike over 1000cc's

I hate the idea of writing rules around specific bikes. but if you don't want to write it as a heavyweight class and you guys decide it must go down the way your doing it and are going to write an entire section of what bikes are legal and what ones are not, then i have a list of bikes that I want allowed as well.

1999-2001 ducati 996 (117hp)
2002 ducati 998 (118hp this motor is identical in every way to the 999 motors)
2003-2006 ducati 999(118HP)
any ducati 916 that displaces 955cc's (127hp this is a special edition ducati that had sps cams)
1997-2007 honda superhawk (118hp)

I might have more bikes to come as i am still researching bikes that are outside of the ducati range. but this is my short list that comes to mind at the minute

i can prove definatively with no question that these bikes above do not make more than 130hp on a dyno. and all weigh as much if not more than the few proposed bikes that you guys listed earlier. age should not be a consideration as this is not a vintage class.

If necessary I can provide dyno sheets for all these bikes above.

I also have no experience with the buell line, so if someone would like to chime in here with buell suggestions that are roughly in the 120hp range and are heavy please do so.

Or this class should be soley written as a middleweight class and NO bikes over 855cc's allowed in.

Personally i feel it should be a middleweight class, but i do like the idea of coming to the track with a ducati 998 or 999 and not having to race against a 1098r