Not to be a constant thorn in the MRA's side but may I suggest that the MRA and USBA have some discussion as to this rule. After my bike being questionable in both clubs but deemed legal. I went ahead and raced and won with the USBA the Twins U class. I had some great racing and certainly didn't rule the roost and was beaten on more than one occasion by an SV 650. Though by seasons end yes, the USBA like the MRA had some questions over the true legality over my bike after I had developed it. Don Roberts (their director of competition) and myself agreed that it had grown beyond the scope of the class. They are better aligning their rules to grow the lightweight twins class and I am in full support of this as are many racers. I started on a small twin in the early nineties and still believe them to be the way to be able to race cheaply while developing made cornering skills. Cheap racing makes for growing attendance and growth for the club.
Lastly, with the proximity of the two clubs and maybe one day a shared event, I believe that this could proximity some conflict should there be a combined event or should I or others wish to travel. Thank you for your consideration.