To the MRA family,

It is with great honor that I have been nominated for the position of Track Marshal. This position is very important for the MRA. Track Marshal has the responsibility of making sure the race day goes without any issues and with my dedication and experience in the MRA I feel I’m ready for the challenge.

So, I’ve been around the MRA for a while now. I attended my first race in 1994 in Steamboat and have not turned back. I started corner working in 1996 and corner worked every race until 2002. I was the head Corner Marshal (Kyle’s current position) in 2003. That year I introduced my family to the MRA family (in La Junta of all places) that’s where I was finally able to convince my wonderful wife Lisa to let me start racing. In August 2003 I competed in my first MRA race and have only missed 1 race since. In 2004 I joined the airfence crew and from 2005 – 2007 was the airfence captain. In 2008 and 2009 I served on the Board as the VP of Rules and Tech.

As you can see I’m very dedicated to the MRA and feel honored to be a part of such a wonderful organization. My family is dedicated to the MRA as well. Lisa is the Treasurer (2008/2009+) and Logan is, well I guess you’d call him the MRA mascot. Breanna, my daughter, loves spending time at the races as well. Both kids have grown up with the MRA.

As Track Marshal I’d like to focus on revamping the training program for corner workers, improving the communication to the corner workers between races, evaluating our safety equipment for maintenance and/or replacement, and of course track safety. We have a wonderful group of corner workers that are dedicated to the MRA so we can all go racing. I’d like to keep that tradition going. I’ve got the dedication and experience that it takes to be a great track marshal. I would be honored to be your 2011 Track Marshal.

Thanks,
Ray-Ray #16