Chiming in a little late here but:

90hp sv weighs? 350ish?

120hp 749r weighs, 390+.

has anyone picked up a 40lb dumbell lateley? I have...and really wouldnt want to strap it on my bike.

The hp discussion/argument about the sv and ducati is not as telling as it really should be IMO.

Rybo how much does your bike weigh?
Moham?
Munch?

Show the hp to weight ratios on each of the bikes in question then make some valid arguments based on that, because it tells a real story, not just "this bike makes xxxhp". And it's no match.

In general a race prepped 848 will weigh more than the 749r it has a larger swingarm and frame tube diameter, both are larger in general size than an SV just more mass everywhere.

The 848's on the grids in AMA dsb had to weigh 385, minimum, at the beginning of the season. Then that weight requirement was lowered mid season as the 848's were struggling against the 600's lowered down just 5 lbs, i think.

regardless, it's an act of a wallet of god to get a ducati to weigh less than 380lbs. were talking carbon tank and bodywork and mag wheels

I'm not arguing one way or the other just stating the facts that should not be overlooked.