Quote Originally Posted by Desmodromico
I am interested for sure, curious though if anyone has taken one around HPR to see what kind of lap times it will do. If Joe Average goes out and runs 2:45's on one I doubt we could combine the grid with STGTU without creating a whole bunch of rolling speed bumps.
As an example... at Buttonwillow in Cali they run these bikes - 13 - 17 bikes on the grid. The lap times at buttonwillow are almost exactly the same as HPR. I'll compare 250's, SV's, and Superbike 600's.

250 Ninja's
Fastest Lap Fast Guy - 2:10
Fastest Lap Slow Guy - 2:22

SV's
Fastest Lap Fast Guy - 1:55
Fastest Lap Slow Guy - 2:20

600 Superbike
Fastest Lap Fast Guy - 1:48
Fastest Lap Slow Guy - 2:09

So if my math is even remotely close, in a 7 lap race the fastest 600 guy would lap the entire field of 250's - BUT ONLY ONCE, and the slowest guys would get lapped twice.

Now obviously we wouldn't run them with 600 superbike... but this was just a ridiculous comparison for clarity.

Based on the SV lap times, the 250 race would be maybe a minute and a half longer than our current LWGP or STU if we ran it by itself - but since they would run together - then the length of the race would be determined by the fastest fast guy - not the slowest slow guy.