Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
So what you are saying is the purpose of the #1 plate (and top 10) is to establish the rules so that the club can extract as much money from possible from each racer instead of rewarding the fastest racer in club?
Yes. If those customers are spending money with the MRA, why not? I'm not suggesting we gouge everyone that walks through the door, but every fast food place I've ordered from has asked if I wanted to upsize my meal. I'm proposing an incentive for everyone interested in a top ten plate to sign up for more races. The majority of those who have earned top ten plates through Race of the Rockies doesn't run them. Additionally, the grids are so poorly attended this season I could be the 12th fastest racer in the club right now on an EX500 just by taking the start and pulling off. And THAT bike makes a Hawk GT look fast.

In a sense you are proposing that the #1 plate can be bought instead of earned by having the resources for enough race bikes to enter as many classes as allowed to accumulate as many points as possible.
Yes. What championship in motorsports hasn't ever been bought. If it's more money to purchase better equipment; money to buy more equipment; more dollars to spend on instruction, lapping days, etc. This will always be the case. Racing isn't expensive: winning is. If this isn't the case, why can't I win the #1 plate ROR style on a '91 Honda F2 with a budget of $10,000 (including the cost of the bike)?

The guys and girls out there with a single bike, that is not elgible for 8 classes, are not any less dedicated or committed than the racer that can afford multiple bikes. So should they not have the opprotunity to race for the #1 plate?
Currently only 2 riders of the top ten in the clubman championship run classes where a two bike program is necessary. Therefore 8 of the current top ten in points do not require running multiple bikes. The bike I was thinking about in my example was a 2000 Yamaha R6. Street value of $2,500? The Lightweight GP championship bike last year was rumored to be over $50,000 by the time it hit the track. What was the #1 bike in ROR-O worth?

With my suggestion, everyone (novice and expert alike) has the opportunity to run for the number #1 plate. Superimposing last years Novice results, I believe Erik Cromer would be on track for the #3 plate this year in the clubman championship.