Mike,

The different colored background thing doesn't work. The database for scoring is set up so that each rider in an individual season has a unique competition (and club membership) number between 1 and 999. Changing this would require a massive rewrite of our existing scoring system. While I think it would be cool, only one rider can have the #1 and only one rider can have the #25.

Another option would be to reserve the numbers 11-20 for the top ten clubman riders.....but that presents problems as well, such as #11 is retired and there are going to be riders who earn both a top 10 and a top clubman #, eliminating yet another 2 digit number that someone may otherwise occupy.

As a general rule I think awarding the top ten plates to the winners of our premier class has been the right way to go. The best riders on the fastest bikes period. I think participation in our premier classes has been a bit low and I don't know how we go about increasing it. Increasing payout is one suggestion, but that comes at the price of viability for the rest of the club.

I think this is a great and very debatable rule change suggestion. I don't know which way I'd vote on it today.

s