This is a kind of a tough spot to be in. When I found out Scott ran into Dave I felt like I got kicked in the gut. Dave is an awesome guy and I really enjoy seeing him at the track and racing with him on it. Scott is a second year racer and a first year expert. He's got a ton of natural speed but is working on turning his speed into true race craft. He has struggled with the grid procedure at MRA which grids by points and he tends to get overly aggressive trying to make his way to the front. Everyone in our pit has been working with him as much as possible to work on his patience and I understand that a club representative had a "strong" conversation with him as well after this crash that seems to have put some things into perspective for him. I'm not making any excuses for Scott, but I can tell you that he recognizes the situation and is truly apologetic and willing to get it under control. He understands that riding like that will now make him unwelcome and that his discretion will have to take a front seat to his desire to be at the front.