Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 CCS Race of Champions possibly held at Topeka

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    35 or so less HP 40 lbs lighter. I'm trying to find the time to put it back together after tearing it apart a while back to have various parts powder coated. But me a single father of two eight year olds and a job.......lord only knows if it'll ever happen. I've got an MG with a V6 on the back burner too :cry:
    I do think the day job is cutting into your lifestyle Jon!

MG sounds like fun too? You have all the cool toys.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Well those of you who are headed to the ROC be forwarned that the drive's going to be actually further than you've travelled in the past. CCS has made their choice as Miami/Homestead not Topeka/Heartland Park. As you know Daytona's 29 hours though I've made it in 28, RO claims to have made it in 27 but that probably doesn't take into account the 2 hour time difference.
    Regardless, Miami's going to add another 5 to 6 hours so come Oct post up and maybe you can share the fuel costs. See youTube for the on bike camera shots.

Senior Member Amateur
    I've raced Homestead in the past and if you go well at PPIR you will be just fine at Homestead. It is another Ro-val.

Senior Member Expert
    I wouldn't drive 30 plus hours all in one direction just to race a R-oval and am presently leading the points in a CCS class and won back in the spring CCS Daytona round. DIS somehow gives me the motivation to do such a drive and believe as a racer everyone should experience the Daytona banking at least once, granted, Daytona's ROC is a complete madhouse with epic confusion and though it's gotten better with not quite as much mayhem, it all becomes worth it when the throttle gets pinned for like a minute per lap. Miami/Homestead won't offer quite the same feeling/speed though I bet it does offer the same confusion.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    I wouldn't drive 30 plus hours all in one direction just to race a R-oval
    Totally agree.
    DIS somehow gives me the motivation to do such a drive and believe as a racer everyone should experience the Daytona banking at least once, ... it all becomes worth it when the throttle gets pinned for like a minute per lap.
    Yup .. I hope when CCS goes back, they still run the west banking. There's nothing like being pinned in top gear and have to look *up* to find the corner exit. Totally wild.

Senior Member Expert
    They've been using both east and west bankings Daytona since 2005 and there's even been talk of the AMA superbikes returning to it. So if any of you are wanting to return think Spring 2011 it'll be done and it'll be smoooth, like Brewer

Senior Member Expert
    Yeah I didn't think any of you'd go. The earth is flat, there's only one racing association in all the world and it's the MRA, Home of how many World Championships?

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    So if any of you are wanting to return think Spring 2011 it'll be done and it'll be smoooth, like Brewer
    Now you're getting me amped! Daytona with new pavement in the spring of 2011? I can't even imagine. Do you know if they're repaving the infield sections?

Member Novice
    can novice MRA racers go to this event?

Senior Member Expert
    Yes classes for both novices and experts
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12