Just stumbled across this thread, I'll give my 2 cents.
A) Get to know your bike very well, learn how to do the maintenance on it, go over and over parts and functions of things.... Get to know it well, because at the track, stuff will go wrong and your SOL taking it to a shop to get fixed.

B) How much track time/track experience do you have? I found going from trackdays, to novice races could be overwhelming. You've got 30-60 bikes lined up, people who's adrenaline is running 10000mph, guys who are damn fast riding with you... It can be overwhelming if you've not been around it a whole lot, you can get sucked into things quick.

C) Don't spend $1 on performance parts, none of those fancy parts will help you go faster. If you've got $100 burning a hole in your pocket, get to a lapping day at HPR, it's all about seat-time, seat-time, seat-time. EDIT..... If your bike doesn't already have it, buy a Brembo brake master, that's 1 thing that can, and will make your life easier in more ways than 1.

I've been in your shoes, rode with ama champions at trackdays, and found myself shitting my pants in novice races... that being said, it's such a fun thing, I'm looking very forward to racing this year... My advice would be don't get sucked into buying parts, or having to have the "best" of everything. Reality is your going to crash that bike in the process of getting faster... Seat time, some good instruction will be your best friend right now. Get a day or two in before the season starts on that bike for sure, you will be completely overwhelmed showing up to your first race weekend, learning everything PLUS the bike. I made that very mistake last year, 6 laps into the first race weekend I left in an ambulance w/a broken shoulder, missed the rest of the year.

Lastly, find some good people to pit with. Coming from the CMRA, these guys have been fantastic so far. Very friendly and eager to help... I'd be more than happy to pit with you and help anyway I can... shoot me an email if you'd like: wuckert135@gmail.com