Quote Originally Posted by Bueller999
I have not held a license since 2006, and I have been thinking that this might be fun, and possibly on more than a few races. I have no desire to come back to the normal grids, but this is a possibility. Would I be legit to enter and if so would I have to do the class room stuff every time or even the first time? And possibly a price break for not requiring the instructional part.
Keep in mind I am on a bike that puts out stock SV650 power :lol:
Dave,

Please understand that the superstreet class is a marketing tool for us. We are trying to increase membership as a whole. Therefore we are going to require anyone who wants to race in the class to take the instructional portion every weekend.

If people want to come and grid up and race, that's great. To avoid taking the class we're going to require them to have a full MRA race license. If you want to come out and play, then it's going to mean some class time every weekend.

Marty,

At this point my vote is to leave it as it is. What we're trying to do as an organization is create a safe space for learning during our race weekend and encourage the participation of new riders.

I'd be happy to revisit this discussion after we've done it a few times and see how it goes. At this point I think we have a good foundation of what we would LIKE this to look like, but it's going to take a couple rounds of doing it to get the bugs worked out before I'm interested in modifying it much.

As an aside to all: This rule change proposal was made in August of 2009. It's been discussed on the forums, there was a rule change meeting and a number of opportunities to voice opinions about how this should be executed. I guess my point is this, I find it a bit disappointing that with those opportunities presented that it isn't until AFTER the final rule is announced that we are anxious to debate it. Decisions are made by the people who show up.

Scott