Thread: AMA shakeups - now Edmondson's out

Jim 'smooth' Brewer

AMA shakeups - now Edmondson's out

Just read on the ducati-superbikes.com forum that Roger Edmondson has left the AMA. Not everyone is broken up about it ...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=39047

This comes not even 2 months after Bill Syfan and Jim Wardell (former MRA racer & all around good guy) were layed off ..

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=38637

With Kawasaki, Honda, and Buell out for 2010, it's going to a pretty strange series.

Senior Member Expert
    omg really? so lets see if kawi, Honda, buell jump back in :lol:

Senior Member Amateur
    Damage done I feel it's going to take 2-3years to fix this mess. So glad to see him gone though. Lots of folks were ashamed of the AMA last year so let the rebuilding begin so are series doesn't look like a joke to the world.
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Senior Member Expert
    I guess Roger felt as if he'd done enough damage to M/C racing and he got even for what the AMA did to him back a few years ago. He used to be considered a pretty nice guy though I didn't know him then.
    Power, it does terrible things to people though we, as bike racers, can't seem to get enough!

glenngsxr
    I'm glad to see this. They tried some things, they did not work, time to get out. At least they did not sit around and delay the inevitable. The series is hurting. The riders are leaving, sponsors are leaving, mfgs left. Hopefully they don't have some kind of stupid contract clause that prevents a new org from taking the series over and turning it around.