Grubbs you're killing me... :twisted:

Please look in the other thread, as this has been discussed.

"The current interface between our database and the timing and scoring system does not allow two people to have the same number OR to use leading zero's OR to use any letters."

It's as simple as that. Given what we have to work with right now, the poll is completely moot. I'm not saying they're not deserving, I'm saying it's not possible. There's a difference.

At the point in time that we have a completely new database that allows this, then it's something we can look into. Although I will never vote for people having "exactly" the same number (regardless of background color) because it makes it too easy to misidentify people - especially when they're lying in the middle of the track needing urgent medical attention and it's delayed until the ambulance determines "which" #1 rider they're attempting to help.

The poll should be:

"Is it important enough to the members to have the top 10 RORU guys properly acknowleged that we invest the necessary time and money to redo the entire database so that we can give two different people the same number and/or allow them to use a letter after their number?"

After all it's your guy's(es) money... if that's what you want to spend it on, then so be it. Personally I think it's unnecessary and a poor use of the clubs efforts and money.