Quote Originally Posted by polar x
Casey the idea is sound but frankly I don't see a need for it. Having raced in RORO I saw the money chasers and the regulars. The chasers have a bike and ability that puts them right up front by turn 1 and then they are gone with Brad, Josh, Clarkie, Otis, and the like. I have started last and in the middle. It made no difference in my finishing position. I have been top 10 for the season and had number 8 and 9 for the season's with a blown engine one race and crashed out in others. Qualifying would not have helped or hurt me.

If the grids were 30-40 bikes I could see it helping the fast guys. But we dont have that problem yet.

Just my opinion as a RORO racer.

Hey Chris, thanks for you input, its greatly appreciated!

I am not writting this rule in any sense for the money chasers. That was brought up by another member and I just commented on his point. I agree that money chasers will get up front no matter where they start and this has nothing to do with them.

It was an idea of mine because qualifying has always been interesting. I supported qualifying for all classes in years past, but that idea has never made it past the discussion table. After seeing that Utah does this only for their premier class, I thought it would help add some spark and interest into the ROR classes.

The only need I'm trying to address is the need for more riders on the grid. I came up with this idea and wanted to see how the rest of the club views it. Thanks for your input and please keep the comments coming!