Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell
Quote Originally Posted by CO750
With that idea all you are doing is taking the novice grid, splitting it in thirds, and adding two races to the schedule, but not allowing a novice to race in any more events than before.
No, the idea is to replace Sportsman, Nov-U and Nov-O with Nov-A, Nov-B and Nov-C. Slower riders could ride up if they wanted to but faster riders couldn't ride down. Now, this would reduce the number of races that the fastest riders could run but with Scott's plan, they would ride up into the new classes he proposes.

Dirk
OK, I thought you were proposing to break up both NovU and NovO into three separate races based on speed.

But with this, you actually lower the amount of races available to run in. A lot of novices run both U and O races and this would actually now reduce the amount of entry fees collected and opportunities to race on any given weekend. I see your point in matching speeds more closely, but I just don't see this as something that would increase races and entry fees.

And again, I'm not trying to attack you our your idea, or anyone else's for that matter. I'm just fully interested in being able to race more next year and for the club to be better off financially.

Mike- I didn't know that was the original purpose of the Sportsman class. I thought that since you timed out for running too fast, it was intended for some of the slower riders to race more competitively in a smaller grid.