I have talked over the weekend to several friends of mine who I have tried to get on the race track; all of them do not want to race prep their street bikes to our standards, but all said they would come to the track and do a track day event sponsored by the MRA.

So....what do I considered a minimum prep for a street bike. Case guards, taped off lights, steering dampener, and water only in radiators. If HPR allows these bikes on the track in these conditions during the week why not allow them during the race weekend?

I am in favor of the Sunday only sprints, I missed out on a lot of racing this season due to working on Saturdays. We can run two Saturday morning practice sessions and then do Lightweight/middleweight endurance before lunch and Heavy/open endurance after lunch. Then do something with street riders in the afternoon. This will allow the street riders to get more educated about the MRA and about the bikes they ride themselves.Again my point is that street riders need to get more involved with our club!! The street guys buy all the silly stuff for their bikes that our vendors make money on!

For insurance requirements all street riders wanting to participate need to be AMA members, complete a race school, have a current membership to the club and do the minimum track prep like: taped off lights, no anti-freeze, case guards, steering dampener, and all the proper gear per our rule book (helmet, boots, and etc.). These street riders would still be held accountable per our rule book when it comes to conduct and any other issues.

If we charged $80 bucks for a few hours of structured riding for these street guys we could have good turnout. This street class could possibly bring in more money than our current endurance schedule.

As a racer I do agree with the oil on the track issues and that is why I suggested doing the street stuff after we are off the track with the endurance classes. This will give plenty of time to clean up if we have a spill. Again I want to require case guards for these street bikes.

I don't want to change what we are doing, but it seems unavoidable at this point.