I figured it out! I've been trying to feed the cat from the wrong end.

Just thought I'd share this with y'all. I don't think it would be possible for the next race in two weeks, but it is do-able from my end with the following process. It may be a little too detailed for some, but I don't know what provisions the MRA database has for accomplishing what is needed in the plan and who out there would be able to assist with the changes.

1. The online registration system would need to be altered to include a new field for a rider's transponder number. A rider should only need to enter this information once like his/her bike info, bio, or sponsors.

2. Once registrations closes on race day, a .CSV file gets generated from the MRA database of all the rider registrations to populate competitor database in the timing software. This delimited file would need to have created a record for every rider / class entered by a competitor. For example:

- Chris Dale - 51 - 1231823 - LWGP
- Chris Dale - 51 - 1231823 - LWEnd
- Chris Dale - 51 - 1231823 - MWSS

It would also need to contain the remainder of data needed to create entries in the competitor database of the timing software. But the programming geeks get the idea.

3. Qualifying is then run by class - ALL OF THEM. Different classes could run in the same session on track. This would save time, but may also prevent racers from registering for more classes if the two were run at the same time as they couldn't qualify two different bikes in one session. (BTW, one transponder per bike makes the timing system crash.) The only limiting factor I see would be our ability to program a parsing macro once the data needs to be exported. However, this MUST be done by the class of racing.

4. An export file is then generated from the timing software to be imported back into the MRA database into a program which allows for the importation of competitors and printed. This step may or may not be necessary dependent upon my ability to manipulate the printed reports from the timing software. I won't hold my breath because I've already pointed out shortcomings of the report generator to AMB-it.

5. Grids are posted with the approximate speed of results after a race has been run.

As a side note, this process would also automate the class track records thereby increasing the accuracy and speed of them being posted to the website.

Thanks for reading through all that.