I've been racing since 2001 - and have only really put one full season together (in 06).

Early on $$ was the primary driver - as I'm not willing to race on credit. Crashes affected the $$ side too in those years.

Now $$ is less of a concern, but schedule has been more of my issue lately - with one or 2 critical conflicts (family weddings, etc.) happening this year and last preventing a full season. Once the full season is out the window I've tended to be a bit less committed on the rest of the season, since I'm not in any hunt for overall season points. I end up making race by race value decisions.

I had planned to do a full season this year - but have a family conflict for race #9. Once that happened I rearranged my schedule to race less b/c there were sacrifices made to make the full season (racing on my wife's birthday, spending our Anniversary in Hastings, etc.) that were no longer worth making.

I'm still hoping to pull together a full season next year - only have my sister's wedding next august to work around #-o

I don't know how some of you guys do it year after year - impressive!