This is just off the top of my head…

It seems to me the target demographic you are looking for is those riders interested in becoming racers. One place to find them for sure is Chicane Days and HPR Lapping days. If you could get at these riders, you would have good candidates for new racers and at least event spectators.

The one asset the MRA has over these two events is the ability to generate lap times for their riders. The MRA (in cooperation with these originations) could show up and rent out transponders for something like $20.00 and in return provide a printed readout of the persons lap times. If a rider already has a transponder, charge them $5.00 for the service.

This would have two advantages. First, buy charging for the service it generates money to cover the cost of providing the service and possibility of a little more that can be used for PR.

Second, you would have direct access to your target demographic. You could do things like give away with each rental a free ticket to the next MRA race. Hand out literature describing what it would take to go from track days to the starting line of a real race. And so on…

I cannot think of any insurance liabilities off hand, because all you would be doing is providing an independent service to the track day itself. Like the food vendors would be.

Also considering that you guys are now selling transponders for cheap, with the right rental agreement, the potential of someone stealing them would be minimal. You just need them to give you their credit card number and if they walk away with ione, you would have the right to buy a new one.