Quote Originally Posted by TerriRomaneschi
As I outlined in another post, which I'm sure nobody read, it's a catch 22 in terms of reeling them in spectating, then Chicane track days, then people "supporting" them into this world of racing. But it has to be a consistent effort. Those Chicane track days are a breeding ground for safe, educated, future racers.
I read your other post and you make good points. It is really my belief that the vast majority of spectators & track riders who eventually become racers get involved though references from friends that already track ride or race. I believe (since I have no statistics) that very few people see and ad in a flyer, go out into their garage wire up their bike and show up at new riders' school.

I know there are exceptions (Adam L. - maybe?) but it seems to me the more we foster the social networking abilites of current racers, the more likely we are to recruit new racers - which is the main goal of the MRA's existence.
It's how I was slowly lured in. Course I had a trackful of hotties (men and women) supporting me into the fear. And I'm sure so many others are the same.
Exactly!

..why are these kinds of efforts only coming as a matter of urgency? Why not all year long. No business can take anything for granted these days. Complacency fails every time.
IMHO, the financial issues didn't come to the forefront until we had the low turnouts and losses from the last 4 rounds. Typically, we have pretty consistent entries through the summer, but this year we really lost participation. Maybe we (the board in general) should have predicted the losses better, but personally I'm not doing much better with my 401K. :?