Quote Originally Posted by JohnGarc
I Love Pueblo, its cheap, fun, has the longest straight, and has good ammenities. SPECTATORS? Who cares... Are we not racing for ourselves anway, I don't care if someone comes to watch If only HPR would lower there track days to 1 bill. Whats the big deal? You would certainly have a lot more riders in the club. I just can't justify paying $150 for an HPR lapping day when I could go to Pueblo for $75. But since Pueblo does not do that anymore, I am screwed. I love HPR just wish I could afford Racing... Damn... IMI looks better and better.
We do need spectators, for several reasons. Though they don't bring in as much money as the actual racers, a little $$ is better than none. And some people may come watch and enjoy it, go home and tell their friends, and come with 5 people the next time.....And just as Wilson said. A lot of us were spectators before we started racing, getting the "street" guys out there to watch, sets "the bug" in them, next thing you know they too are racing. I am willing to bet that you were a spectator at one time too, whether it be going to AMA Nationals, MRA/Club events, or simply just watching on TV??? Correct me if I am wrong.

As far as Lapping days...... You say "What is the big deal?"
$150 is cheap for a lapping/track day. The people that put on the events have to pay insurance, pay corner workers, pay for Ambulance...etc... I can tell you first hand that outside of Colorado, I have never been to a track day that was under $195 a day, that includes the services I just listed. Plus you have to travel 500+ miles to get there. We can go on and on about track fees, but we have done this before...... look thru the old forums.

As for Pueblo...... They do still have practice days, they are run by Chicane Track Days.

8)