Quote Originally Posted by TRK
My other rule suggestion is the ability for racers to drop a race over the course of an 11 race season.
#-o ](*,)

Were you not at the riders meeting at pueblo?

It's been a few years since we've had a "every other weekend" race season. so I'm not 100% sure anyone quite remembers what it's like.

There won't be much time in the summer for keepin you grass cut at your house. And you'll be trying to continually recover monatarily on a weekly basis. the weekends you have off you'll b spending getting ready for the next weekend.

Now this is if you plan on racing for the season points championship.

I personally voted to be able to drop a race out of your points for next year, because I fully remember racing 11 race seasons and what a toll it takes on you, your wallet and your family, but, there was ridicule from the crowd on the fact that we'd even consider such a poposterous idea,of the ability to drop one race weekends points.... wtf? it could work to your advantage, mabye you could race all 11 and crash one weekend, and that's the weekend you could drop. look at it that way....

11 sets of tires = $4400
race fuel = $1980 (15 gal. per weekend at $12/gal.) run pump gas and you could reduce this to $610 :shock:
race entry fees = $2750
total =$9130

That doesn't even include, food, logding, fuel for your tow rig to and from the track, oil changes for your bike, oil changes for you truck, brake pads, and all the hundreds of other dollars for ancillary stuff throughout the season. Your budget should be in the $15k-$20k range for a full successful season.

Even after 9 races this year I hear lots of people moaning about how they wish it were over, and are broke.

Im not against 11 races but, I'd like the ability to eliminate 1 weekend during the summer so I could go on vacation with my family.