Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns
Quote Originally Posted by Rule Book
G. Only DOT tires may be used.
4. Grooved DOT’s are allowed for wet conditions. Trimming tires for
clearance purposes is prohibited.
I don't run supersport, but I'm in favor of just deleting "G" and "4." This would mean that any racer can run rain's or dot's rain or shine.

On the safety subject, I would feel mentally safer on rains than dot's in the rain....cheaper as well.

my cent of two
The problem with deleting G is that it would open up the ability to run non-DOT tires, ie slicks.

We will need to modify the rule to say that you can run DOT tires ONLY, with the exception of rulebook defined "rain tires" (which I'm sure Crash will come up with the correct wording for this).

I'm all for allowing ALL MANUFACTURE TYPE of rains. Right now, to allow AVON rains only, you almost screw over the rest of us that dont have an extra set. So it gives a bonus to those with more money, again something supersport "shouldn't" do. To make the money issue more fair, allow Bridgestone, Michelin, etc. made rain tires.

As for safety, sure we'll be going faster. We will also be in more control due to the fact of actually having grip on the track. +1 for ALL BRAND RAINS to be allowed.