Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
On a sidenote, just so you all know, when I made the protest at Pueblo I had Glenn on the radio to discuss what info he wanted me to put on my makeshift form. He relayed what he wanted on the form and I filled it out and signed it. Then later down the road I was told it was filled out improperly. Take that as you want. (Another reason to have protest forms available to racers)
This is not correct. Jen called me on the radio and basically said "Someone wants to protest, what do I do?" I did not "relay what I wanted", I simply told her that the protest must be written. Granted, I didn't say "make sure it conforms to the rulebook", but that's only because I had forgotten that such a thing was even IN the rulebook. Jim Brewer, who probably knows the rules better than anyone since he is in charge of preparing the rule book each year, is the person who brought it up.

FWIW, Chris, I only recall one other protest that you made against Danny. Or more correctly, I only recall one other protest against Danny and I think it was you that filed it, but I could be remembering wrong. This was the protest last year regarding Danny running RoR and AM races in the same day. This protest was not held up because during the discussion it was discovered that Danny had asked Tim Young (track marshal) if he was allowed to ride both and Tim erroneously told him yes. Because this type of protest fell to the track marshal to decide, he decided in Danny's favor because it didn't seem right punishing Danny for Tim's error. Right or wrong, that's why that decision went the way it did. I thought/assumed this was all explained to you (if it was you), but maybe not, but either way, it had nothing to do with you making your own protest form on computer paper. I don't recall any other protests being rejected because of the way they were filed, am I completely missing something?