Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
Quote Originally Posted by benfoxmra95
mladin.....pffft....well now I know what it takes to win some races. A cheater crank.

WTF!!! Unless that crank had about 2 inches of extra stroke, who the eff cares what's been done to it? Really?

Who knows, maybe theyll reveal what was illegal about it.. But I doubght it was anything substantial.
What if it was something more like Mat's crank weighed more than the sample that Suzuki sent to compare it against. Would that give him any advantage? :?:
A heavier crank will have no hp advantage at all....what it will have is more tractable power delivery(ie. less likely to spin up), it will also make the bike harder to turn, because of increased gyro effect from a heavier mass.

so take your pick a light crank that spins up fast and will smoke the rear tire and is easy to turn. or a heavy crank that's less likely to spin the rear tire, but is harder to turn.

it's a trade off in certain aspects. You could change the bike geometry to make the bike turn easier to compensate for the heavier crank, but in doing so you'll make the rear end lighter and easier to come around on you.

If your using the lighter crank that flicks easier and smokes the tire, you could drop the back end of the bike for more traction, but you'll slow the steering down and make it require more effort to get the bike in the corner.

If he's getting his season ruined for that...it's a shame...now if he was running a 1200cc stroker crank...then i'd look at it a different way.