Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Helmet Stickers **all funds go to the new track**

Senior Member Amateur ZiaThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSgraphics

1: The clubs requirs helmets, colorado doesn't, just stop weraing one on the street :wink:

2: The bling-bling chrome, stoppies, longswingarms, neon and a host of other BS on bikes gets more attention then a 1inch square number sticker, If you think a cop is really looking at your number your super-paranoid and should seek concealling

And what about all the "46" helmets and leathers around, think the cops leave Rossi allone cause the know he's ok it be doing 150mph or do they bust all 250,00 rossi squids everyday...

on your street helmet it would be good also to put a sticker on it, but put your blood type not a number, also if your a donor..
    1. Not wearing a helmet isn't an option, for many reasons.

2. From experience, I know that some cops are azzh*les. And have know people for being pulled over on bikes for wearing that helmet with the 46 on it. We all know that the cops target bikes far more often then cars or truck drivers. I've been pulled because I was riding a motorcycle on a road that a number of bikes have been speeding on and they just want to know who they should go after if someone who matches my description runs from them in the future or because it looked I "left that stop sign too quickly, even though you didn't exceed the speed limit". So no, I'm not paranoid, I don't need counseling or even concealing for that matter....

3. It does absolutely no good to put your blood type on paper or your helmet. No blood bank / hospital will take your word for your blood type. It has to be re typed every single time, there is a possibility of your needing any blood product. Yes, I do know what I talking about I do this for a living....

4. I never said that I didn't appreciate the stickers being offered for only $5, or that I wouldn't do it. I just offered up an opposing position, and that I don't feel it was the best way to go about it. Apparently, having an opposite opinion is not a good thing with this club.

Senior Member Expert
    Having an opposite opinion is absolutely a good thing in this club, or any other for that matter. If nobody ever did that, nothing new would get done. :wink:

That said, having been on the track/crash response side of things for several years now, I think this is a great rule to make. Yes it requires something sticky on your lid, but hey -- nobody is making you put it on your street helmet, that choice is yours. Bottom line is, it makes something that is instantly recognizable, standard, enforceable, and usable to identify a traumatically injured rider in about half a second. I honestly wish someone (even I) had come up with this idea years ago, because it would have saved a lot of time trying to figure out who less-known but unconscious riders were; sometimes even just having their name helps when trying to get them back to reality.

No system is perfect, but I think given the ease of use and ability for the MRA to ensure every rider is doing it, this is a terrific system that might actually help in a very real way. Props to whoever came up with it, and to the MRA for putting it to action.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Edda, doesn't the SMRI inspect your helmets at tech and put a big orange sticker on your helmet after they look at it?
    I think mine says SMRI tech or something like that on it.
    I had them put that tech sticker right next to my number on my helmet

http://www.eventpictures.com/app/eve...icture=2321227

Senior Member Amateur
    Dude-

If your so worried about it, then buy 2 sets and dont apply them to your street helmet...unless you "need" to...

problem solved...

Senior Member Expert
    Frank, can you do names and numbers in one box where the name is under the number? I was thinking for like +/- $3 more one could get that done....

Senior Member Amateur ZiaThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25
    Hey Edda, doesn't the SMRI inspect your helmets at tech and put a big orange sticker on your helmet after they look at it?
    I think mine says SMRI tech or something like that on it.
    I had them put that tech sticker right next to my number on my helmet
    Not Edda, but yes. They do place SMRI tech stickers on your helmets.

Senior Member Expert
    ooops, sorry ops:
    i finally took of the helmet tech sticker from the last race of 2007

Member Amateur
    Ordered Stickers.... cool idea.

Kurt
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    If this logic is correct, then I'd have to assume they pull over every redneck who has Dale Earnhart or Jeff Gordon's number on the back of their pick-um-up truck because they assume they're gonna do 200mph simply because they have a race number on their vehicle?
    LOL

JohnGarc

Numbers

This is probably a stupid question but since I have a Rossi Helmet, does that mean I need to cover up the "46"?? I don't have a problem with that I just don't want to be mixed up with a 46 and my MRA 654#. My 46 is on the chin so I guess white tape it with 654?

If you are too cheap to buy stickers for your second lid, than you shouldn't be owning a Suomy and a Shoei???

Cheers,
    John / 654
    2DogsMotoSports.com / Custom Alluminum Polish and 125cc Crotch Rockets.
    MotoForza-USA.com / Race Bodywork from Chezch Republic.

Junior Member Novice
    Do you take CCs, and ship to APOs?
    Semper Fi

Rich

Member Novice

triplets

holy crap,
    After this week at Hastings - I see where this helped!!!! Three 811 bikes on the track in one race (yes Kip, your worst nightmare). Musical bikes made my head spin ... I didn't know who to root for!

However, the numbers were too small for Autumn to see from the booth, so she was announcing me (of course, the musical transponders didn't help), LOL. Really, it wasn't me....I'm the SLOW one (yes Ray-Ray, the bike is slow :? I thought you were going to jump off and run along side it on the straight-away. You could have tried whipping it like a pony...that seemed to hep Fred on the KTM.... or if you'd been quicker, YOU could have had the TL...and Chris could've run alongside the SV)

If we keep playing musical bikes/transponders, I think we need to go to numbers that are about 6" high, LOL, and maybe have transponders surgically attached...

Of course, we wouldn't have this problem if y'all would just QUIT BLOWING UP ENGINES..... :shock:...

Senior Member Amateur

Re: triplets

Quote Originally Posted by terid
    holy crap,
    After this week at Hastings - I see where this helped!!!! Three 811 bikes on the track in one race (yes Kip, your worst nightmare). Musical bikes made my head spin ... I didn't know who to root for!

However, the numbers were too small for Autumn to see from the booth, so she was announcing.
    NOT why it's being done, the number are the corner/emt worker to identify at the crash site who the rider is and from 4 feet away they are pleanty big enough,

Question why were there different bike numbers, cant you find some duct tape and electrical tape to make a number plate??
    I dont think the club should/or does ever let the same number bike on the track you all should be DQ'ed for displaying incorrect number per rule 5.3 E. Rider must display his/her MRA assigned racing number during all MRA races
    and MRA sanctioned or sponsored practices. Exceptions to this rule must be
    approved prior to Pre-Grid. ONLY the Pre-Grid Marshal awards this approval.
    If you are not awarded approval, and you race, YOU WILL BE
    DISQUALIFIED! And points will be forfeited for that given race on that race
    day. If you are not awarded approval, and you practice, you will be fined $25.
    ....(except for the real 811)

Member Novice

it was

not to worry, it WAS approved by pregrid.
    and they had their numbers taped on the helmets. had time allowed between races, numbers on the bikes could have been taped too.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns
    Frank, can you do names and numbers in one box where the name is under the number? I was thinking for like +/- $3 more one could get that done....
    :?:

Senior Member Amateur
    I picked up my #s this weekend and they look great. Good rule, awesome idea and thanks Frank and Joe for putting this together.

As for the debate, I was in corners in hastings and we had a few incidents where the bikes tumbled well off into the weeds away from the riders and in one case, the bike wasn't wearing any plastics after the crash. Helmet #s are such a good idea.

If a cop can read my 1 inch # as I pass, I was going too slow for him to catch me doing anything fun anyway.

Thanks again, Frank and Joe.

Senior Member Amateur
    Frank if you are still printing these for Pueblo can you please do #33 for Dave, I loved how they looked and didn't see this until after the fact. I will bring others in case but I'd love to have yours.

BTW what the freak is the big deal of putting a 1 inch sticker on your chin guard? As much $$$$ as we spend on racing every season this is the least of our worries. Oh and if you are worried about the cops, quit doing illegal stuff on your street bike. I had my fave # on my helmet for the hell of it and never had any problems. The argument with this topic is completely ridiculous. The rule makes sense and makes me feel alot better about the health of our riders. :thumbsup:
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Senior Member Expert
    Actually, honey, I set up the idea of three 811 bikes to set an MRA record. Have there ever been three bikes on the grid posting the same number???

I like the idea of having my racing number on my helmet; makes the street guys/gaqls think I have a clue as to what I'm doing.

Frank- Could I get two sets of 801 and two of 811? THX

Fred
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12