Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dingleburns

Senior Member Amateur
    i saw it happen midway through the crash. it was a hard fall man. i knew it had to hurt but i was very happy to see you instantly sit up and move your arms and legs. i saw peices of your visor come flying off so i think thats what messed you up the most.
    get well soon!!!!!!! 8)
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns
    i don't remember what happend but i guess my visor flew off when my head hit so i think a piece of my windscreen cut me up.....but i still dont know how that would happen since i landed separate from the bike...
    Sorry to hear Dingle - Heal up quick!!
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Amateur
    Good to hear it was the track that did that and not Bubba! Ouch! Way to get back in the saddle. Heal up fast
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Dr. Baker chimes in:

Since there is limited tissue to "give" below the skin in the skull area (as opposed to arms, legs, torso), sometimes when you smack it hard enough it just "fractures" like a windshield. There's just no place for the tissue to go so it splits due to the pressure. It's likely that "nothing" actually got in and cut him. I think Glenn says the visor was intact, so I'd bet for sure it wasn't the visor.

That is all I have to say about that.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Dingle, I'm glad you are OK. Heal up quickly so that Bubba does not get lonely!!!

Take care of yourself and get well soon!

Crash

Member Amateur

Get well soon!

Dingle,
    So glad to see you posting and see your face. Get better soon, and if there is anything you need, give me a call.
    Bree
    XBAM: Xtreme Bike Action Massage -Sports Therapy and Structural Integration - rehab, performance enhancement and preventative maintenance that addresses postural issues and alignment. You have a mechanic for your bike...I'm the mechanic for your body. I work with motorcycle racers and extreme sports athletes; available at races and events and privately in and around Colorado. XBAM LLC holds National Certification and AMTA insurance.

Member Amateur
    glad you're good ringly dingly. that face makes you look straight tough. ya better be in hastings!

Senior Member Expert
    Dingle, you got my number so let me know if I can help you with the bike or anything else.

BTW, you were really starting to move out there. We'll battle at Hastings in two weeks. Heal up quick bro!!!
    Casey D

Senior Member Amateur
    Nice shiner, Dingle!! Happy to hear you are doing okay! Can't wait to battle with you again! Heal up quick!!
    James W.
    MRA #98
    2007 AMU GTU Champion
    Sponsors: Vickery Motorsports , Michelin, Vanmar Racing, , www.superbike.net, Ferodo Brakes, Vortex , APE, Brake Tech and Down to Earth Dental.

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks everyone. Im ready to race just need to get the ol' bike ready. ($$$ :evil: :evil: :evil: )

Tony as I think about it more. I think that that seems pretty logical.

But then again you wear thongs! :lol: :lol:

But in all seriousness, i don't think the windscreen cut me, the visor was intact, and the impact of 7 feet straight onto my forehead did the job as Dr. Baker suggested.

Thanks again!

Hopefully I will see everyone at Hastings!

Dingle

Senior Member Expert
    Glad your ok Derek. 8)
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    Glad to see you looking better than when I got there! Your wounds look much better than I expected from when I last saw you. The Corner Marshal that saw you fly said he thought you were actually going to save it and everything seemed to happen in slow motion! Nice to see you doing better! See you in Hastings!

Kip 8)
    Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.

Kip "Hollywood" Book
    Track Marshal 2008
    Head Corner Marshal - '05, '06, '07
    MotoGP Laguna Seca - '05 (Corner Worker), '06, '07, '08, '09 (NMP Medic)
    Lovin' the Corner Marshal gig since '98!

Cornermarshal@yahoo.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Dingle baby you look smokin' hot with a broken nose!!! Glad you're okay babe, sorry we couldn't find you after the races when we heard you came back :P Let me and Dave know if you need any help with your bike, were right around the corner remember
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Got any updated photos dingle? One of the girls here at work seems to have a "thing" for you, and want's to make sure you're doing better.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Got any updated photos dingle? One of the girls here at work seems to have a "thing" for you, and want's to make sure you're doing better.
    When did Bubba start working at your office??
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    Here you go! One week and 8 hours after those pics on the first page. Seems to have healed fast!

Senior Member Amateur
    Damn bro, looks good for only a week. That will be a tough-guy scar for sure. 8)

Member Amateur
    Derek-

Damn you were lucky dude....another 1/2 inch down and that eye was gone.

Keep getting well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12