Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
Dave,

They were the new design that woodcraft came out with this year (standard not digital)

Chris may be bitching a little too much (what else is new 00--00 ). Personally I think he got a bad set. My personal sets were having problems getting the fronts to temp, but the rears were fine.

As Chris mentioned, I spoke with Eric, explained the problem and sent them back. I would trust he will get it resolved and have them back to us soon

Joe
Ah yes, so there seems to be problems with the new ones then. Thats too bad, because mine and Kurt Hall's can get too damn hot if you are not careful.

Another thing I thought of - My PDs used to not get as hot as they should when I ran them on low wattage generators. It wasn't a big problem but did confuse me until I figured out the culprit. I later found that my Tire Bakers/Woodcraft ones would actually "click" when the current was too much for whatever cord and genset I was on and would barely even turn on. I now make it a point to put my tire warmers on a heavy gauge short extension cord now, and I am sure it doesn't hurt that I power them with a 10K watt diesel generator...