There isnt really a debate here. This is simply a personal prefrence. Like White or wheat bread. Who cares? Its a good topic for those who are on the fence and want to know what each rider has with personal experience, but to point out that either is wrong...simply no point. I rode all my life standard and it was fine. When I started racing I converted and in 45 minutes aound the neighborhood I never had a problem thinking about it or missing a shift because of it. It helps that my street bike is also standard. When I get on someone elses bike that is standard, then I have a problem. But usually when someone tells you its standard shift, U R brain is so focussed on not missing a shift, U dont.

Anyway, with the way bikes are now days gearing has a lot to do with where you shift. For example if I used Buddahs or Lelek's gearing on my R6........Id get killed. Also if I told U I rarely get above 4th gear on any track...most people would scowl at me. For example PPIR at the chicane Im in 4th. I let off for a micro second coming down the embankment, then on the gas full again once Im down the hill. Coming out I can shoft to 5th depending on my line. If I blow the line and dont have enough then Im still in 4th....... To many this may seem wierd or differnt then them.....Id be willing to bet my gearing is a bit diff than most as well. I know Charles and I always seem to be pretty close in gearing but usually 1 of us has a tooth dif in either direction. For me I gear my bike to get the most drive I can, but keep the overall amount of shofts to a minimum. My team makes fun of me all the time even calles me lazy..... Either way its working for me so Im stickin with it.

Now back on topic a moment than Ill sut up. About lap times getting faster when using GP....... Hard to say. When I rode standard I didnt race, but now that I race and use it I would say Im faster....but that is more than likely attributed to experience then just GP or standard shift.